Thursday, May 12, 2011

Catching up - Boseong

The other night I was spring cleaning my computer files and realized (again!) that many of my Korea experiences have not been chronicled on this blog. Partly for readers out there, and partly because this is the only form of journaling that I do, I'm going to try (again!) to catch up.

Today's post is a brief re-cap of a trip to Boseong in spring 2010. Boseong is one of Korea's prime green tea growing locations. Although it's in Chollanamdo, the province I lived in the first time I was in Korea, I never made it to Boseong until last year (with my old roommate from Mokpo, who still lives there). I think we visited a bit early in the season; I've seen pictures of lush green tea fields, and as you'll see, they were still showing signs of winter brown when we were there. Regardless, it was a great way to spend a lovely spring day with a couple of friends.

We started our visit with green tea ice cream:



On the way from the parking lot to the tea fields, we walked past this beautiful bamboo forest.






Then we hiked around exploring the tea fields for a while.





And after all that walking around, it was time for another green tea treat: a surprisingly yummy green tea latte.

1 comment:

Rachel E. said...

I never knew bamboo got that big. It's amazing. I don't know about the green tea latte though. I am not a big green tea fan, unless it is Arizona Green Tea. :-)